Our library offers a colourful selection of materials that cater to curriculum work and recreational reading. Our collection includes early reader books, picture books, beginner chapter books, chapter books, non fiction books, reference books, comic books, magazines, graphic novels and many various award winning books.
As a Halton school library, we strive to:
- Promote reading and life long learning
- Provide technical and administrative support and training to school staff
- Support and engage students and staff in meeting the expectations and objectives of the Ontario curriculum
- Maintain a current and broad collection of library resources for students and staff
- Ensure the ethical use of information resources
- Embrace, adapt to and adopt 21st century technologies in school libraries
- Create an awareness of, and where possible, access to, information resources beyond school library collections
- Advocate for and promote library services
- Create and maintain library facilities that are organized and engaging with a focus to encourage collaboration and learning
At John T Tuck, we aim to achieve these goals by providing a comfortable and engaging learning environment that motivates and encourages our students to become life long leaners. By providing equitable materials and instruction that allow for all students to achieve success, and working collaboratively with staff to design strategies to meet the individual needs of students, we are confident that our students will develop a love for reading and learning.